The “Chuckle Feed”: Hail Call Edition 7 Feature Recipe
Chocolate Pie by Catrena Law
- 1 9-inch pie crust baked and cooled (or use Oreo or graham cracker crust)
- 5 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream, for serving
- Step 1: Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir or whisk together.
- Step 2: Pour in milk and egg yolks, and whisk together.
- Step 3: Stir over medium heat until the mixture just barely comes to a boil and becomes thick, about 6-8 minutes (maybe less, maybe more; just watch it!) The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat. Add the chocolate, vanilla, and butter, and stir until everything is beautifully combined.
- Step 4: Pour the pudding into the pie crust (if there is extra, spoon it into small dishes) and place in the fridge to chill for 4 hours uncovered.
- Step 5: Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream!