2016 Avon Breast Cancer Walk: Team “39ERS”
Kara Hermann (Project Manager at Sprig) and Linh Tran (Associate Project Manager) and their Team “39ers” will be walking 39 miles in two days through the hills of San Francisco to raise funds for Breast Cancer. This is the team’s 5th year and to date, the team has raised over $79,000 for Breast Cancer. The Sprig Electric Family has played a big part in the team’s success.
On Friday, June 17th, Kara will be hosting a fundraiser on behalf of the Avon Foundation for Breast Cancer at Sprig Electric’s Corporate Office. Please join Kara and Linh for lunch in Duck Blind #3 from 11:30am-12:30pm.
- Lunch – RSVP required prior to 6/17 in Kara’s office, located near Duck Blind #3
- $300 Visa Gift Card Raffle – Buy tickets for $10 each or 3/$25
- $50 Gift Cards Raffle – Buy tickets for $5 each
- Home Depot, Bass Pro Shop, Macy’s, Target, Cheesecake Factory
- You choose how many raffle tickets you want per gift card
- Purchase raffle tickets online, indicate which raffle tickets you want in the notes:
- Or stop by Kara’s office at lunchtime prior to 6/17 and bring cash or check
Why is this cause so important? An estimated three million women and men are living with breast cancer. One million of them don’t yet know it. This is not just a women’s issue – every year, 2,150 men are diagnosed with Breast Cancer. The Avon Foundation give grants to organizations such as Project Open Hand which delivers homemade meals to Cancer patients, funds research at Stanford University and funds projects such as the “Mammovan” by San Francisco General Hospital, in addition to several others.
Why is this cause so important to Kara? In 2011, she had a dear friend diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It was an eye-opening experience for her. It was startling for Kara the amount of support her friend Karen needed from her family and friends – such as doctor appointments, support for meals, walking the dog, etc, as well as emotional support in making end of life decisions. At that time, Kara realized not everyone is fortunate enough to have such a large network of friends and family to help during these challenging times.
Good luck and as always, thank you for your continued support! Together, we really can make a difference and put an end to Breast Cancer!